What's New Member Apps
The Oklahoma City Fraternal Order of Police is proud to announce that we will be hosting a two-day course from the Force Science Institute. The course is titled "Understanding Issues Related to Body Camera & Other Recordings in Law Enforcement." The class will be held September 5-6, 2018 at 1624 South Agnew in Oklahoma City. The class will be taught by Dr. Bill Lewinski and his team of co-instructors.
Force Science is well known for the quality of the seminars that they present. This is a rare opportunity to get to experience this exceptional training here in Oklahoma. The class is open to members of the law enforcement community and attorneys who need a better understanding of body cameras and other recordings.
Other topics covered in the course include:
* The strengths and limitations of body cameras and other recording devices that need to be understood and considered during investigations.
* Human memory vs. electronic recordings: Why the two may differ dramatically and the implications of that reality during force investigations.
* Understanding and explaining why what the camera sees may not be what an officer sees during a high-stress, rapidly unfolding force encounter.
* The impact of lighting, camera angle and frame rate on recording of fast-moving events.
* Recommendations and timing considerations related to whether officers should view video of their encounters before submitting to formal interviews.
* Technology and techniques that can help agencies "flesh out" two-dimensional video footage in an effort to present the most realistic picture of an officer's sensory experience during a high-stress, rapidly unfolding force encounter.
* Tips for appropriately presenting footage of a filmed encounter in a manner that helps maximize understanding of the realities of human performance.
The cost of the class is $250.00 and payment is required to reserve your seat. The class size is limited so we encourage you to register as soon as possible. You may register for the class and pay by credit card at this link: https://okc-fop.myshopify.com/products/force-science-seminar
If you need more information regarding the seminar please call 405-236-4631 or email email@example.com. If you need more information about the Force Science Institute you may visit www.forcescience.org.
Contact Elected Officials! UnionActive Police Newswire Join the Newswire!
Updated: Aug. 15 (15:59)
Training Opportunity - Warrior Survival at Home and on the Streets Colorado State Lodge F.O.P. Non-Economic MOA 2015-2019 New Jersey Law Enforcement Commanding Officers Association Police & Fire Federal Credit Union New Jersey Law Enforcement Commanding Officers Association STATE FOP ISSUES STATEMENT REGARDING CHARGES FILED AGAINST SOUTH WHITEHALL TOWNSHIP OFFICER Pennsylvania State Lodge FOP Texas City Seeking Grant To Equip Officers With Body Cams El Paso Municipal Police Officers' Association STATE FOP RE-ELECTS LES NERI AS PRESIDENT Pennsylvania State Lodge FOP